HOW TO TAKE CARE OF MEMBRANE GEAR
Like everything, gear loses its useful properties with each wash. Try to minimize the number of washes and the gear will last a long time.
Clean your gear from adhering dirt and rinse under running water.
Washing by hand:
To remove minor impurities, it is enough to use ordinary soap, a soft bristle brush or a sponge.
In a washing machine:
- “Membrane fabric” or “Hand wash" mode in cold water with a thorough rinse.
- Use only special detergents for membrane fabrics (do not use laundry detergents, conditioners and bleaches)
- do not wring
- do not use dry cleaning
- After washing turn the gear inside out and hang it to dry in a well-ventilated area.
- After drying the inside, turn it inside out again and leave it to dry completely.
- Do not dry gear near bonfires, heaters and in direct sunlight.
If possible, store the gear flat, upright, in a dry and ventilated area
Use clothing covers to protect the membrane from dust. The dust clogs the membrane structure and "blocks" breathing.
Pay attention to creases: do not leave them during storage. Creases can damage protective layers, which lead to micro cracks on it and decrease effectiveness of gear.